Wednesday 30 April 2014

Mass Effect 3 Single Player All Over Again!

Back in October of last year I bought the Mass Effect Trilogy for my Xbox 360 which to this day I still consider one of the best purchases I ever made considering it comes with all three games in the series and a beautiful fold out box to hold all the game discs. It's especially handy for playing Mass Effect 3 Single Player as well as the excellent multiplayer. But, i'll get into multiplayer in another post some day.

I had started Jaina Shepard for Mass Effect 3 single player, a female adept as you can see below. I do apoligize for the quality of the pics as it's just a quick snap with my LG cell phone.

 
As you can see I gave her purple hair and dark blue eyes and named her Jaina Shepard which I felt was unique to say the least if I was going to play a female character. As female shepard is voiced by Jennifer Hale who has done voice work in several games I felt I had to play through at least once and hear her voice acting.

But now I've decided to play a male shepard character by the name of Samuel Shepard. I've tried to make him look as close as possible to Samuel Jackson but with a moustache. Male shepard is also voiced by Mark Meer whom has been the male shepard voice since day one in the series.


I felt this time around if i'm playing through single player again it'll be a male character and I can hear Mark Meer's work this time in Mass Effect 3 even though a lot of fans have complained a *LOT* about the endings in this game and the fact that Mass Effect 4 will not have Commander Shepard in the game as the main character anymore. Which to me is alright, I mean what's worse, a series that goes away from the main character after three games, or a series where we could be at, say, Mass Effect 6 years from now and *STILL* have Commander Shepard in it?

At any rate it feel's kind of weird playing through single player again especially since it's now on a new tv, a nice sized 30" inch RCA LED tv which IMHO look's a hell of a lot better then the old 22" inch Vizio LCD tv I had when I played single player with Jaina Shepard. That, and I've still yet to get the other two expansion's for this game besides Citadel, which are Omega and Leviathan.

As always feel free to comment if you like and i've left the identity codes showing for both shepards if you decide you want to try them yourself on the Xbox 360 or the PS3, Wii U, or PC version's of this game.

2 comments:

  1. I've never played any of the Mass Effect games would like to try them someday ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly think you and your husband would like the entire series of Mass Effect games. Not only because of the fact you can play a male or female character, but you can import that same character from the first to the second game, then to the third, and you have six different classes/playstyle to choose from, from Adept, Soldier, Engineer, Sentinel, Infiltrator, and Vanguard.

    And you can play as casual as you like or play as hardcore as you like with the difficulty and you can play as a good person (Paragaon), a bad person (Renegade) or mix both together with good and bad actions etc.

    I do believe even the original mass effect is on PC and I know the other two in the series are as well if you wanted to play it on the computer. If not, it's also on the consoles too. :)

    ReplyDelete